Bungie said earlier this year that it hopes it will fix some of The Dark Below's mistakes with House of Wolves. In particular, the studio doesn't want to invalidate hard-earned raid gear with items you can just buy from vendors, or force players to re-upgrade exotic weapons. Instead, Bungie is aiming to "lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster," according to designer Luke Smith.
Rumors have been floating around that Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima is leaving Konami, after he said he's done with the series, and the brand is attempting to minimalize the appearance of his name on the latest Metal Gear Solid game:
Kojima's games typically feature heavy branding as "A Hideo Kojima Game," but advertisements of The Phantom Pain have recently been changed to remove that branding. Additionally, news has surfaced that Kojima will no longer be an executive at Konami as of April 1st. Though they haven't explicitly stated he's leaving the company, Konami released the following statement that all but confims it:
Thank you for your continued patronage of KONAMI products and services.
The latest title in the METAL GEAR series,“METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN” (below, “MGSV: TPP”), will be released as planned starting on Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 in North America, Latin America, and Europe, followed by Japan and Asia on Wednesday, September 2nd. Hideo Kojima will remain involved throughout.
Hideo Kojima stated, "I want to reassure fans that I am 100% involved and will continue working on METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN; I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date. Don’t miss it!"
In addition, KONAMI will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following “MGSV: TPP.” We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.
As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop new “METAL GEAR”.
We will be conducting interviews for main staff to lead the development.
Cliff Bleszinski a.k.a. CliffyB a.k.a. the mastermind behind the Gears of War series took to Twitter to express his displeasure at Nintendo's announcement that they're jumping into the smartphone games market later this year. While seen by some as the logical progression into an ever-growing market, others were a bit more cynical about the decision, worrying that Nintendo might Candy Crush-ify themselves with lame microtransactions and P2W content. CliffyB was firmly in the "this sucks" camp, as he expressed on Tuesday:
Alongside news that Nintendo is working on mobile games now, President Saruto Iwata announced today that the company is working on its next generation console, codenamed "NX." From the press release:
Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.
As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename “NX.” It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year.
It's a big day on the Nintendo hype train, friends.
Somebody call this guy a wambulance. This guy is so rich he doesn't need to look at his credit card statements or apparently after his child. After finally figuring out the problem and finding out there is nothing Microsoft will do this is what he had to say.
It’s been about a month since the incident. Things have calmed down at home and we’ve had many conversations with our son about why he did what he did. The answer to us is now clear — he became addicted to the game, spending $100 was as easy as clicking a button, there were no barriers, and it didn’t feel like real money even though it had a dollar sign on the screen. He has lost his X-box, he had been promised a table-tennis table but that is on hold, his savings have been forefeited. We are actually lucky. Losing $4,500 for many families would be a life-changing disaster. For us it is very upsetting and means we’ll have to tighten our belts and forego some luxuries but we will recover relatively quickly.
News Flash: You can password protect your credit card, look at your statement, or be a parent and actually watch what your kid is doing. But of course, WAA WAA WHERE WAS MICROSOFT AS MY KID WAS GETTING ADDICTED HERP DERP.
In the end this guy should be given no sympathy and it has nothing to do with his money or job. It has to do with the fact he gave open access to his credit card to his kid. Might as well go to a Toys "R" Us, hand your kid a credit card, and somehow expect him/her not to buy anything. Maybe now he'll take responsibility and will try to actually get invested in his kid's hobbies. Then this guy would know its's Xbox, not X-box.