The game will sell for for $6.99 and has been developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games. It is the first top-down action shooter that will bring a Halo game to touch-based devices.
Here's the big news coming from this Nintendo Direct:
• A new game in The Legend of Zelda series: Nintendo developers are working on a new game set in the world of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which launched for Super NES in 1992. The game makes use of the 3D abilities of the Nintendo 3DS, and allows Link to become a drawing and move within walls. The game is scheduled to launch towards the end of the year.
• A new Yoshi's Island game. Yoshi and Baby Mario are back with flutter jumps, ground pounds and egg throws, plus a host of new actions that use the unique features of Nintendo 3DS. More details about the game, as well as launch timing, will be announced in the future.
• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.: The game takes place on a mysterious island, and challenges Mario to go between the real world and Luigi's dreams to rescue Princess Peach. The game will be available in stores and in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on July 12.
• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: This handheld update of the original smash-hit for Wii adds eight new stages that players can enjoy after they have completed the main game, as well as a New Mode optimized for handheld play with new items and mechanics. The game launches in stores and in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on May 24.
• Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move: This Nintendo eShop exclusive challenges players to place tiles on the bottom screen to guide the Mini characters to their goal on the top screen. The game offers more than 180 stages in four different modes. Players can also create and upload their own stages, and play those created by other players around the world. The game will launch on May 9.
• Two games in The Legend of Zelda series for Virtual Console: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are headed to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS. The games were originally developed by Capcom and released on Game Boy Color in 2001. The games are interconnected, as playing one unlocks secrets in the other. The games are scheduled to launch in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on May 30.
• A new game in the Mario Party series is scheduled to launch for Nintendo 3DS this winter. The game features seven different game boards, each with its own set of rules. The game offers 81 new minigames that test speed, concentration and luck. In addition to the board game elements, players will be able to play minigames exclusively or try their hand at AR Card games and a lot more.
• Bravely Default is confirmed to come to America and Europe.
• Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: The third game in the second Professor Layton trilogy sees the Professor travelling the world, solving the riddles of an ancient civilization.
• Earthbound will be coming to the Wii U Virtual Console in North America and Europe.
• They showed a new type of Pikmin that will be in Pikmin 3. Besides the new rock Pikmin, there will also be new unbelievably cute flying Pikmin.